What does a Young Leader have to do?
First thing is to choose a Group and Section to work in. There are limits to the number of Young Leaders a Group / Section can have, so it’s not always possible to walk into a Group and take up a place. If you are struggling to find a place or simply are not sure, contact us. Somewhere there is a place just right for you.
Having found a place you will need to:
- Register with the Doncaster Danum Young Leader Unit, this is done by completing the Registration Form
- Book onto a Module A ‘Prepare for take-off’ training session. This must be completed within the first three months on becoming a Young Leader
What is the purpose of the Young Leader Unit?
Doncaster Danum Young Leader Unit comprises all the young leaders in the Danum area. In addition there is a training team which consists of a number of experienced leaders who will help you to achieve your full potential.
The training team will:
- Deliver the various modules
- Provide support to you in the chosen section
- Guide you through the 4 missions
All training for the following dates will take place between 2pm and 5pm at Kirk Sandall Scout Hut, Dentons Green Lane, Kirk Sandall, DN3 1JP.
12th February module A + B
19th March module C + D
9th April module A + E
7th May module F + G
11th June module H + I
You can book onto Young Leader training here